Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Ellie Tote

I have been looking for a simple tote bag pattern. I don't need fancy, just a bag I could throw all the countless things in that I take to church each Sunday. I wasn't finding one that I liked, so I decided to wing it and come up with my own!

I love it! You might notice that this is the same fabric as my sachet tutorial. I actually bought this fabric for a tote but loved it so much I anted to use it right away and ended up using it for the tutorial first lol. I made one large and one small pocket.
The bag measures 20"x14"x7" so it's a nice big bag and I lined both sides of fabric with Pellon Craft Fuse so it's nice and sturdy. 
I used Crazy for Dots and Stripes from RJR fabric for the dots and stripes and the pink houndstooth is Feathery Florals by Debbie Hobbs for Henry Glass. Then I trimmed it with jumbo aqua ric rac and a cute polka dot ribbon and made my first Kanzashi flower! I still can't decide whether to place the flower here:

 Or here:

I am thinking about making this into a PDF pattern for my Etsy shoppe. I will call it the Ellie Tote since it was for me! Normally I am making things for others, it was kinda fun to make something that I will keep and use.
Whaddayathink?

1 comment:

harleywife57/ Mickey White said...

OOOOOHHHHH ! very very pretty ! and you did a fabulous job !

Related Posts with Thumbnails