Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sophie Skirt Set

My daughter Sophie was in some serious need of clothes she could wear to church. She has only just turned ten but because of her height she is often mistaken for a teenager and she is actually growing out of size 16! The problem is she is not "hippy" or "busty" enough for woman's clothes, so needless to say it is hard to shop for her.
I guess it's good that I can sew. Maybe I'll tackle a few more dresses in the future, but for now I made a couple of skirt sets. 
I got this Cherry Blossom shirt pattern from Sandi Henderson's fabulous new book, "Sewing Bits & Pieces". It's made from fabric scraps and then I took some bright pink felt pieces to coordinate with the skirt and attached those with french knots.
 The skirt is made with Patty Young's Flora & Fauna line. It's so great because the fabric already looks like this! This was a yard of fabric, I cut it in half, sewed up the sides, hemmed it and attached an elastic waistband! Easy peasy, it took like 1/2 an hour. Gotta love that.
I post the other skirt set in a day or two :). 

1 comment:

Kelli said...

This fabric is in my top 5 fabrics ever! Your daughter is so lucky! What a gorgeous smile!

Related Posts with Thumbnails