Friday, April 1, 2011

Watching England

I have always loved English period pictures. I think my favorites are Howard's End, Pride & Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility and Enchanted April. When I am sewing I love to watch a movie or show but don't have a television in my little sewing nook. So I use my computer and Netflix!

I have been instant downloading so many fun English dramas. Wuthering Heights, Jane Eyre, North & South, Daniel Deronda, you name it! It's been so fun because I feel like I'm being productive (not just watching mindlessly:) and I don't have to worry about anyone else saying, "why do we have to watch this?".
By far my favorite has been the Masterpiece series "Downton Abbey". Talk about your tales of ribaldry! Seriously addicting. I'm just praying they continue with it, I am so hooked! If you love English dramas, do watch (said in my best English accent).
On another movie note; I can't wait to run to the theater to see "The King's Speech" when it's release in PG-13 this weekend! I have been dying to see my Colin Firth in his Oscar winning performance (I don't do Rated R movies). Yay for me!

4 comments:

Maggie said...

I love this post!!! I have been doing the same thing lately. I bought Downton Abbey at Costco and the Emma (Masterpiece Theatre) movie. Oh... I am in love with the period pieces too! I also like Albert and Victoria, Cranford and Wives and Daughters. I have a computer in my craft room and I call it my MOM Cave so that is where I watch movies and I totally love it! I am addicted right now and am always looking on Amazon for any movies that I may have missed. Please share any recommendations!

badgenius253♡ said...

Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you penning this article plus the rest of the site is also really good. 바카라사이트

clickonwebsite741♡ said...

This is a good tip particularly to those fresh to the blogosphere. Brief but very accurate information… Many thanks for sharing this one. A must read post! 경마사이트

Majortotositepro1 said...

Everything is very open with a really clear explanation of the challenges. It was really informative. Your website is very useful. Many thanks for sharing! 메이저사이트

Related Posts with Thumbnails