Tuesday, August 16, 2011

More Blocks and More News



















I was able to work on a few more FWQAL blocks this week. I'm still not totally caught up, but I'm getting there. I like the way Buckwheat turned out. I'm trying to incorporate more of the orange and yellow into my blocks. Of course I love Butterfly because it features roses and just looks sweet and delicate.



















But I have to say that Buzzard's Roost has been my least favorite block. I think I re-did it like three times. It's not hard, I just don't care for the layout. I think it looks like a beetle bug, or maybe it's just the name? I don't know. I guess I'll live with it for now. Calico was simple and straight forward and features my very favorite fabric, the strawberry on blue.

My new news is that we're moving! In like a week! We are so excited to be moving back into a house. It's a long story but I can try give you the short version. If you want to read about it, just click below.


We had a home that we sold because my hubby took a job out of the country in Abu Dhabi, U.A.E. Yes, the Middle East. Crazy right? But it's a relatively safe area (just south of Dubai) and it's would have been one of those everything paid for situations. Private school, home, travel, the works. We were actually pretty excited. Because I was pregnant at the time, my husband went first and the rest of us would come after the baby was born. Chris loved it there and things were going well. But then layoffs started taking place and that's when the economy tanked, so you guessed it, we lost the job.
We already had most of our stuff in storage and had to be out of our house, so we packed up and headed to my parents two bedroom house in St. George, UT until Chris could find new employment. We had no idea at the time that it would take 9 months! Yes eight of us were living in a two bedroom, new baby and all for a whole year. The kids started school there and it was actually fun to be back where I grew up. I also started my blog while we were there as my little outlet. :) Finally Chris secured a job right back here in Southern California.
School was starting and finances were tight so we landed in a two bedroom apartment where we have been squeezing living for a year. Though we were back in the same area, the girls were in a new school again but they adjusted and made friends. Thankfully Sam was back at his old school with his friends.

So.... the last few years have been very up and down as I know it has been for a lot of people. It's been hard, but I know there are plenty of things we have learned and have probably grown in ways we may not even realize now.

 It also makes us so grateful for this move! It will be so nice to be back in house again with a little more room. We are just renting for now and the house is not perfect, but I am not complaining. There is a nice park just a few houses down and the kids are in great schools. We will have to change our church congregation, but I'm sure we'll adjust.

So catching up on my blocks will just have to wait, I've got some packing to do!

 

2 comments:

Beezus said...

Congrats on the move! My husband and I are also in the process, and much like you it has been in multiple stages. We don't have any kids, so that makes things a lot simpler, but wow! Moving just makes you appreciate so many things that you never even thought about before. We're actually living in a one-bedroom condo for now, and I must say, I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. No yard work, the housework can be completed in one day, etc. Of course, the biggest downside is the itty-bitty kitchen, where only one of us can fit at a time. lol But I'm happy for you that everything has worked out in the end. :) I look forward to the day when our house actually sells!

Candice said...

Your blocks are just amazing each time I see more! And Congrats on the move- it's always nice to get the room that you desparately need :) We'll be thinking about you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails